During your residency, you may have the opportunity or requirement to conduct research. HealthPartners Institute staff members are available for consultation on research design, statistical analysis, programming, research subject regulations, and proposal development. Information about the research approval process and other resources for you to use as you develop your project are available here.
Residents are eligible to receive up to $2,000 from the Institute to support a research project. The funding is awarded upon receiving approval through the Institute review process (which includes IRB review). The grant funding may be used to support the following expenses:
- Salary support for research assistants or statistical support (time and effort reporting are required)
- Supplies and laboratory expenses
- Data entry
Expenses not allowed include:
- Resident and mentor salaries
- Travel/conference expenses
- Dues and fees
- Equipment (Defined as costing more than $1000 and having a useful life of more than 3 years.)
Any unexpended funds will revert to the Institute at the close of the project. For more information, please email Jenilee Christy, Senior Manager of Grant Development about eligibility and how to apply.