Purpose and Mission
The purpose of the PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program at Regions Hospital is to provide the learning environment, instruction, mentoring, and evaluation necessary to prepare pharmacists to work in an acute care setting, pursue further post-graduate pharmacy training, and precept pharmacy students upon completion of the residency.
The PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program at Regions Hospital is a program emphasizing clinical pharmacy and is committed to developing leaders and knowledgeable clinicians who will meet the current and future demands of the pharmacy profession.
- A variety of rotational learning experiences including Oncology, Emergency Medicine, Burn, Trauma, Medical ICU, Surgical ICU, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- Teaching and precepting opportunities with APPE and IPPE students from several Colleges of Pharmacy in the Midwest as well as Regions Hospital pharmacy staff and medical residents.
- Attend daily interprofessional lecture series with medical residents.
- Organize and edit the quarterly Pharmacy Newsletter.
- Present at Pharmacy Grand Rounds with other local residents.
- Complete and present at a research project at a regional and/or national convention.
- Longitudinal management activities
- Complete ACLS/PALS certification and respond to medical emergencies
- Service to pharmacy department
Learn about program application information in our brochure
For more information contact Mary Ullman, PharmD, BCPS.
Pharmacy Vision and Mission
Our vision is to be recognized as the center of excellence for progressive pharmaceutical services within the community through our commitment to safe medication practices, patient education, and exceptional customer service.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality pharmaceutical services to our patients, customers, and employees.